Last updated on January 8, 2020
Crewdly Made respects your privacy and we are committed to protecting it.
Information you volunteer
This site collects the following information that you provide to us:
- Names, e-mail addresses
When you fill in forms with your personal information, you voluntarily provide us your full name and your e-mail address. We collect this information via our website hosted by Dreamhost, LLC. We will process this information to provide you with content or services you have requested, as well as information and offers you have expressed explicit interest in. In GDPR terms, we are processing this information based on consent.
When you submit comments as response to our blog posts or other people’s comments, you voluntarily provide us with the information in the text, regardless of its content. We collect this information via our website hosted by Dreamhost, LLC. We will store this information in our databases and display it to other blog readers. The content is subject to our scrutiny and censorship for illegal, aggressive or harmful content or language. Additionally, IP addresses and user-agent identifiers are collected to assist in detection of unsolicited messages (spam). In GDPR terms, we are processing this information based on consent.
As you attach media to your comments, you voluntarily provide us with the media content. This includes embedded meta information, such as descriptions, creator and location information. The media will be displayed to other blog consumers without prior removal of such information. The responsibility for the removal of meta information lies with you. The attached media is subject to our scrutiny and censorship for illegal, aggressive or harmful content or language. Additionally, IP addresses and user-agent identifiers are collected to assist in detection of unsolicited messages (spam). In GDPR terms, we are processing this information based on consent.
Information that’s automatically collected
This site collects the following information automatically:
- IP addresses, dates and times, and browser and request information
As you navigate our website, we may automatically collect electronic information about how you consume our web services. This information consists of the IP address of your computer, the identification (user agent string) of your browser, and dates and times when you have connected to our website, as well as the content of your request. We collect this information via our web servers hosted by Dreamhost, LLC. We will process this information to analyze and improve the performance of our services, and to resolve potential issues. In terms of the GDPR, we process this information based on consent.
As you navigate our website, we may automatically store and retrieve information in cookies. These are small files on your computer which contain, among other things, session information, identification for your computer and your account, and general usage information. We collect this information via our web servers, hosted by Dreamhost, LLC. We will automatically process this information to provide and improve upon the web services. In terms of the GDPR, we process this information based on consent.
- Cookies for third parties
As you are log into your account, we may automatically provide an anonymized version of your e-mail address to the Gravatar service. This information will be sent as an encoded string of characters (hash) based on your e-mail address. We will process this information to provide the Gravatar profile picture next to any visual representation of your account name on the website. In terms of the GDPR, we process this information based on consent.
- Embedded content
Articles or comments on this site may include embedded content from third-party websites. This content will be retrieved in the same way as if you had navigated directly to these third-party websites. As you navigate to these articles or comments, additionally to the information we collect, the third-party websites may independently collect information from you. You should review the respective privacy policies of the third-party websites for additional information.
How we protect your information
We do our best to protect your sensitive personal information. We maintain appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the information you provide to us against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to your personal information. Our security measures are being improved continually, as new technology develops.
- Personal information you have not selected to be publicly displayed will not be disclosed to any unaffiliated parties.
- The transmission of data between your computer, our site, and affiliated sites is encrypted by the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) or Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocols, providing reasonable security for the transmission of your information.
Why we collect it, how we share it, and how long we keep it
All information is collected to ensure that we can provide the best quality of service to you. Some information is a basic necessity, such as your e-mail address for login purposes. Other information is necessary to ensure continuous operation free of defects.
We only share your personal information if it is absolutely necessary to provide the service. Your information is only provided to third parties supporting us in providing the service or in conducting our promotional activities. We only share the parts of your information necessary to provide the service.
The sharing of your information may be described with the following categories:
- Service providers
- Statistical analysis of web usage data
- Google Analytics gathers anonymized data about website visitors for analysis. Google‘s applicable privacy regulations can be found at https://policies.google.com/privacy.
- Facebook Tracking Pixel allows the collection of data on visitor interaction with Facebook and Instagram advertisements. Facebook’s data policy can be found at https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy.
- Unaffiliated content providers
The participation in targeted advertisement programs is voluntary. You may opt out by using any of the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you may opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
We keep your personal information for no longer than is necessary to provide the service, and until our statutory obligations to retain records have expired. Depending on the type of information, they will remain in our systems as detailed below:
- Your login information is retained in our databases for the duration of our service agreement. Once our agreement is terminated, your account and the associated personal information is removed within 10 business days.
- Comments and attached media will remain in the database indefinitely, even after your account is deleted. They will also continue to be publicly visible to other blog consumers. The reference to your name or online avatar will no longer be displayed.
- Cookies are located on your computer. Cookies with session-specific information will be automatically removed when you close your browser application. Permanent cookies will automatically expire after one year. All cookies can be manually deleted using the browser application’s cookie management functionality. Cookie information that has been retrieved from your computer is not stored in our systems. It disappears immediately after the requested webpage has been delivered.
- Log entries are retained for 3 months and then deleted automatically. The retention period will be extended indefinitely, if the log entries are required for forensic analysis.
We may share your personal information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights. Any retention period defined above may be void in case of information transfer on legal grounds, and your information will be retained until both, the purpose of the information transfer has been fulfilled, and the regular retention period has expired.
Children Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
We are concerned about the safety of children when they use the internet, and will never knowingly collect personal information from minors (children under 13 years of age, or any other age defined under applicable law) without prior verifiable parental consent that complies with those recommended practices and applicable rules put forth by the Federal Trade Commission. Our site and services are all expressly directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older. If we become aware that a minor is attempting to or has submitted personal information, we will not accept such personal information and will then take prompt steps to remove any such personal information from our records, site and services.
Your European Union Privacy Rights
The EU General Data Protection Regulation permits users of our website which are European Union residents certain rights. Your rights include:
- the right to access,
- the right to rectification,
- the right to erasure,
- the right to restrict processing,
- the right to object processing,
- the right to data portability,
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority, and
- the right to withdraw consent.
To access a copy of your data, correct it, restrict how it is used, or erase it, please, send an e-mail with the subject &lquot;GDPR request&rquot; to email@example.com, detailing your request. The first copy of your data will be provided free of charge, but additional copies may be subject to a reasonable fee.
If you believe that our processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state of your habitual residence, your place of work or the place of the alleged infringement.
If you wish to withdraw your consent for us to process your data, you can start the opt-out process by sending an e-mail with the subject &lquot;Withdrawal of consent&rquot; to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may update this policy from time to time to include adjustments in our services, or to address new or modified legal requirements. You should check this page occasionally to identify any updates.
This website is owned and operated by: Misfit Makers Studio LLC.
Our mailing address is:
Misfit Makers Studio LLC
P.O. Box 450070
Our data protection officer’s name and contact information is:
Andre Nicklas <email@example.com>